SFGATE: VP Pence leaves 49ers’ game in response to anthem protest
VP Pence leaves 49ers’ game in response to anthem protest
Published on October 08, 2017 at 05:30PM by By Eric Branch
INDIANAPOLIS - Eight minutes after the start of today’s game between the 49ers and Colts, Vice President Mike Pence said, via Twitter, that he’d left Lucas Oil Stadium in response to a group of 49ers who knelt during the national anthem to protest social inequality. “I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence wrote. Pence, a former Indiana governor, was in attendance on a day in which Peyton Manning’s jersey will be retired at halftime and he will join the team’s ring of honor. On Sept.
Published on October 08, 2017 at 05:30PM by By Eric Branch
INDIANAPOLIS - Eight minutes after the start of today’s game between the 49ers and Colts, Vice President Mike Pence said, via Twitter, that he’d left Lucas Oil Stadium in response to a group of 49ers who knelt during the national anthem to protest social inequality. “I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence wrote. Pence, a former Indiana governor, was in attendance on a day in which Peyton Manning’s jersey will be retired at halftime and he will join the team’s ring of honor. On Sept.
Comments
Post a Comment