My father is a womaniser. I’m terrified I’ll become one, too
Mariella Frostrup advises a young man that philandering is a choice and he’s not forced to follow in his father’s footsteps
The dilemma I’m 22, single and very romantic, yet I can’t relate to women. I grew up with a womanising father and ever since I can remember he has made comments about women and sex. No man in my family has ever achieved true love and they have all had multiple sex partners and lovers, betraying the confidence of wives and long-term girlfriends.
My great grandfather, my grandfather, my uncle and my father share this and some of me thinks that I can’t fight it, that I will become the same. But I struggle. I just can’t talk to women, I can’t play charming around them even when I have a good relationship with them in spaces such as work or college. I have “female friends”, but I can’t break the confidence they have in me by playing the love card. So I’m often the friend of the women I like.
Continue reading...from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2z710sV
Comments
Post a Comment