‘Filly of a lifetime’ Enable remains in training, to Frankie Dettori’s delight

• Trainer John Gosden weighed up retiring Enable to stud
• Owner Khalid bin Abdullah says he hopes filly will defend Arc win

Frankie Dettori has expressed his joy at the news that the star filly Enable will remain in training next year. The Italian jockey, whose astute riding helped her to an emphatic success in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe nine days ago, received the news on Monday morning after dropping in to see her at John Gosden’s stable in Newmarket.

“Obviously, I’m delighted,” said Dettori, who also offered his thanks for the decision to her owner, Khalid Abdullah. “I gave her a few polos this morning and said hello and I was told then. To me, she’s the filly of a lifetime, so of course I’m made up.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2gof1uo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slashdot: Justice Department To Be More Aggressive In Seeking Encrypted Data From Tech Companies

Slashdot: 'Sooty Birds' Reveal Hidden US Air Pollution

Slashdot: Nvidia Introduces a Computer For Level 5 Autonomous Cars