Clare Hollingworth's brilliant career: a professional appreciation

The journalist who broke the news of the outbreak of the second world war died this January and would have turned 106 today. She spent decades leaving other reporters in her wake.

When I think of Clare Hollingworth, I think also of Lee Miller, whose photos were among the first to show the horrors of Nazi death camps, and the legendary Martha Gellhorn. A trio of personal heroes when I was an aspiring foreign correspondent and part of an extraordinary generation who made clear through their courage and brilliant work that women deserved a place at the frontline and on the front page.

Related: Clare Hollingworth obituary

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2idd95M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slashdot: Justice Department To Be More Aggressive In Seeking Encrypted Data From Tech Companies

Slashdot: 'Sooty Birds' Reveal Hidden US Air Pollution

Slashdot: Nvidia Introduces a Computer For Level 5 Autonomous Cars